View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 05:18 PM
Bronze Member

Well it got going despite the non-stop rain, just this week I found out I was in 3rd position overall, 5 points behind leader and 2 points off 2nd place. I was also told points scoring system - 10 points for fastest qualifier down to 1 point for 10th fastest, also top 4 go through to Finals where its 4 points for 1st and 1 point for 4th.

Today I found out the leader (in his evo) wasn't at the event which was wierd - he's only been to 4 of 6 now - same as me this was my 4th one of the 6 event series. So that meant all i had to do was to beat the guy in 2nd place (Andy) in qualifying AND the final to draw level on points which meant me winning the championship due to countback - I would have won 2 events to Andy's none (he's done 5 out of 6 events and scored consistantly).

Anyway the event. Wet. Very wet. Ironic thing was the rain only eased at 12:30 for half an hour - yep that was lunch, lol.

So my main aim is to beat Andy, thats all i need to do.I'm in Scoobyshootout but TBH wasn't interested in the 1/4 mile side of things so stuck to handling, which shared the same track as the SSO competitors.

Its so wet i decide not to put my Kumho trackday tyres on and stick to my 4 year old rock hard toyo T1R's. Despite advice from the experienced TOTB guys there to run the Kumho's - mine were so close to the markers there was hardly any tread left I stuck with the T1R's and monitored my times against Andy. My time were good, very good infact relative to Andy, I was always a second quicker so decided not to change. Then someone in a newage goes a second quicker than me on std RE070's in the SSO comp so i decide that i've got the best out of the toyo's and stick the Kumhos on. In doing this I got fooking soaked in the 20 mins it took but I thought it was worth it. this was at approx 3pm, I was about 5th in the queue to start when it just monsooned down. Qualifying was suspended, then the rain never abated until quali was over and time for the finals. But finals were cancelled due to standing water so I never got to try the kumhos but it didn't matter - I was 1st in qualifying (for grudgement day competitors) and finals were depicted by qualifying positions so I won that too

2 tropheys and by my calcs OVERALL CHAMPION

I am currently back at the B+B drinking beer from my Scooby cup - get in!!

Nice to meet you Dukeboy, you can be my lucky mascot

WINNER - Scooby Shootout 2011 Modified Handling class

WINNER - MLR Blyton Sprint 2012 Class S2

9th Overall - Ten Of The Best 2012 handling circuit 2 points for team Subaru 22B.com

With thanks to: ASTsuspensionUK.com JollyGreenMonster.co.uk ASPerformance.com AndyForrestPerformance.co.uk SD Motorsport