View Single Post
Old 19-10-2017, 12:05 PM
Regular User

Thanks guys. Had the MAF out today, (the guy before me installed a cold air induction kit and when I removed the MAF, i noticed that the retaining screws weren't tightened however, it didn't make any noticeable difference). I removed it with the engine off and although it looks slightly dirty (I will get some cleaner in a bit and give it a good clean) and my fingers were ever so slightly black, it all appears ok (I assume that you couldnt tell if its on its was out by a visual inspection anyways), put it all back together and then disconnected the MAF with the engine running, it started to splutter and hunt then settled down to normal after maybe 3-4 seconds but with the management light on, reconnected and carried out an ecu reset and took it for a quick spin, no difference. So my next step will be clean the MAF sensor and reset, see if that makes a difference and then see if I can borrow a known working MAF, then if still not solved, get the custom remap (just had a new clutch last friday so the funds are low)