View Single Post
Old 30-07-2019, 03:21 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asperformance View Post
having had loads of hassle with insurance companies lately (and won) i can guaranteee that YOU can do whatever you need to with your car BUT make sure its in your possession and dont allow them to simply cart it off to a compound
Managed to get my car back home today and it cost me £310 which the insurance company are more than happy to pay! It would have cost more than that for them to get it to Canterbury where they store them.

I had a look today and it's literally just two doors, skirt and passenger seat (air bag went off). There's very minor dents in the bodywork underneath the skirt, and the rear passenger door ripped at the hinge where it joins the door. Luckily it wasn't at the B pillar. Now comes the fun part of negotiation with the insurance company over costs etc but as there's no chassis damage, I will repair the car. I'll use the same guy who did the bumpers for me last Jan. They still want to write it off though, but it's a question of how much I get for the car minus the salvage costs. Then there's also the cost of parts etc. Wagons are rare, let alone in this trim.

Doesn't seem that people like my car too much as they keep hitting it! FML.

Build Thread

Modified and Serviced by Brent @ Southern Motor Developments in Newhaven, East Sussex.