Thread: Wagon project 2
View Single Post
Old 25-11-2012, 09:00 AM
Bronze Member

Default Wagon project 2

I thought i would post up my project (copied from surrey scoobies) even though its not a big power project as I believe the original post got lost when ses went down

As most of you know, after breaking my old wagon, (due to unforseen circumstances) Clives wagon was still up for sale and i then had the funds to buy it so in October 2011 i had myself a new wagon which was modded even better than my last one, so i did not need to spend any money on it to get to to my last spec

Now it was a very good buy and the only issue i could find was a few weeks after taking ownership the cel was showing code 22 knock sensor (Which clive told me about there was a tempermental issue with this coming up and could not clear the code even after replacing the sensor)

Last week for my own piece of mind i took it to SRR and Simon at JGM plugged in his laptop and confirmed there was no det etc and was running fine
apart from it felt a bit sluggish to what it should be which is due to the ECU pulling timing from the fault. This issue is slowly being worked on and i will keep you advised as to how this is resolved but im not spilling the beans just yet

Now i was more than happy with the wagon and had no plans to change it but after 3 months it just didnt feel right as it was in my eyes still Clives wagon as he spend the money and time on it and was not something i created so i come to the decision to make some changes on it.

Now the spec i believe how it was when i bought it: (perhaps Clive can confirm)

Full Fujitsuba decat exhaust system
Full whiteline package, including 22mm rear on full hardness, solid droplinks progressive race springs, fast road geometry by GRD.
Carbon fibre STI front strut brace.
Front mount intercooler
Morrette headlights with xenon bulbs
Cibie Driving lambs
Forge BOV
Magnacor hi spec HT leads.
Standard uk 5 speed box
Standard interia
Sti 16" gold rims with budget tyres on

Body wise, the car has a genuine STI upper rear spoiler,
P1 front lower lip splitter in GRP.

Power wise:
VF24 turbo, ported by AP.
HKS EVC6 boost controller set to 1.4bar. 2 stage boost control, scramble boost and boost cut.
333.8BHP, 317LBFT of torque. Running ECUTEK ecu, Mapped by Simon (JollyGreenMonster) at Surrey Rolling Road, with lots of pops and bangs on over run.

And some pics of the car how it was when i purchased it (Thanks to clive to allow me to use his pics and sorry for some poor pics due to my rubbish phone)

Now i still have some parts left from breaking my old wagon which i may use some of them so this is where the changes start.

Firstly i had a carbon fibre induction scoop so this was fitted within a few weeks or purchasing (Still need to take pictures of this)

Forge bov was changed to HKS

Now after a trip to Pete @ S/E Imprezas with Leggie today, who was going up to buy a few parts for his mate, i purchased a APS induction kit which was still fitted to Petes car and i believe had not been put up for sale at the time (Thanks pete for removing this there and then)

Now when we arrived back i decided to change the front sidelights to black crystal clear which i still had from my old wagon

Pic Before

Pic with after fitting the Black crystal clear

and a comparison.

I couldnt get in touch with Ratty to get his excellent photography skills so i done my best to acheive his skills