View Single Post
Old 30-10-2019, 08:56 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banstead Stig View Post
It's almost as if it was too complicated an issue to ask the general public to opine on with a simple yes or no style question...!
Agreed, though I'm not convinced that many of those in the government are clued up enough to make a decision either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banstead Stig View Post
I'm fine with leaving, provided it delivers benefits in the not too distant future. Hard to see how that will happen though.
Also agree with this: if we could see genuine benefits then I'm all for it, but its hard to imagine anyone extracting any positives out of the mess we have at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott.T View Post
Eurofighter, Airbus, Augusta all have a huge presence in the UK and employ 1000's of direct and indirect people in the UK.
Yep. My knowledge is only based on a small sector of the aviation industry, but I know for sure that one of the above will withdraw from the UK in the event of Brexit. The regulatory changes are a massive shot in the foot as well.

On paper I can see how Brexit, if correctly executed, could have delivered some positives, but all it seems to have given thus far is massive uncertainty, a weakened pound and making the UK look rather silly.