View Single Post
Old 23-07-2021, 09:49 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

I tried the obvious things first and didn't do much else for 4 years as it never overheated again. Maybe I fixed it, maybe I didn't push it as hard on a hot day afterwards. It went back to the ring the year after and didn't overheat but I only got a few laps in due to a different issue (stuck actuator killed boost )

I changed radiator, hoses, thermostat and header tap cap in case that was leaking or the spring knackered. And then stopped there until I decided to engine swap last year. The old engine is still on a stand (thanks Dave ) in my garage, not got round to taking it apart to have a look at it further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgehawkins27 View Post
I'm hesitant to take it out again, in case it is the head gasket, as I don't want to cause more damage (if it is).
If it is the head gaskets, then i doubt you can cause any more damage unless it overheats on normal driving. Check coolant levels are topped back up depending on how much got pushed out the reservoir. And if it does overheat on normal driving, then its a lot worse than mine ever was... Hopefully you'll get more info on Wednesday!