View Single Post
Old 18-03-2020, 08:56 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
Bedford is good fun, but the GT circuit is huge. I felt that I hadn't fully learnt the circuit by the end of the day, although that was partly because it was soaking wet at the start of the day and then went through the greasy phase before drying out in the afternoon. So never really got into consistent conditions.

Plenty of run-off in most places, don't try taking the chicane between the two long straights at over 80 in the damp or it'll swap end easily enough
It was great fum and really is huge. It was damp to start the day and so it was good justification to take it easy whilst learning the course.

**** me the difference the Toyo R888R's and my ADFC active pro / Tein street advance Z coilovers have made, I had an absolute banging day!

I had so much more traction and control that I was able to focus more on driving technique and really balance my G's in the corners which had a really noticable impact by the end of the afternoon.

Still changed my pads to the Mintex F4R's at the start of the day, and although brakes got hot I managed to look after them well through the day. That being said, it's got a lot of fast straight sections so it's quite friendly on the brakes in general...Still thinking about the big brake kit, but just don't know how to justify spending another 800 odd buying spare set of 18's and general road tyres in order to accommodate the 356mm discs. 🤯🤯🤯

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk