View Single Post
Old 03-04-2020, 03:13 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper1982 View Post
Finally thanks to some command lines that I read last night in a Romraider forum, which if you add to the logger.xml (of the ROMRAIDER) this is capable of connecting to the subaru ECU MY99 & MY00. It has been a while since I tried to do it with Romraider already which seems to be one of the few that admits to reading the IAM. Finally it was possible.
After reading the IAM to my vehicle, this frame was worth 16 (The ECU was in normal operation weeks ago, therefore I assume that I had "learned" everything necessary)
Then I did an ECU RESET to see the behavior of the IAM and it automatically drops to 8.
I assume from what you read out there that this value as the ECU "learns" will go up again if the forward and detonation conditions are okay, correct? is that true right? Ideally I understand that it is 16. Condition which is all good and the ecu uses the maximum multiplier. Scott you who have it very studied you can correct me if this is so effectively.
If anyone is interested in the .XML file edited for the Romraider Logger so that I can see the AE800 / 801/802 ECUs, let me know and see if I send it by email, since here I don't know if it allows me to upload the file. I will try anyway.
That all sounds about right. I quoted it starting at 12, but it is a long time since I played with an Ae801/Ae802 ECU because I switched to Apexi in 2006.
My quoted IAM reset numbers are based on MY2000> which had a much larger following with RomRaider and OpenSource tuning capabilities etc.
I always re-coded this to rest at 16 when tuning, so I knew it was always running maximum advance. I would then set the reset value back to 12 on the final flash of the image.

XML has moved on with Romraider, so I would be interested in any logging XML or Image decoding XML that now exists for these ECU. I don't have an ECU to try it on, but I'm always curious.

If Romraider now can log and ghost the image onto the MY99/00 maps, then the MY99/00 ECU should be live programmable once re-configured by a guy in France (can't remember the name).
This would be a good option because it retains all the safety features of the standard ECU (i.e Knock control).
I did look at this some time ago, but due to no logging/ghosting ability it meant that you were still stabbing round in the dark a bit with map changes (the same as we had to tolerate from MY93-96 ECU).