View Single Post
Old 15-04-2017, 09:32 PM
Formerly STIWR1

====> M3 Update

So over the last week we have got the tyres on the rims and had an alignment done. Two wheels were out, but I think the bigger issue was the tyres which were causing the initial tram lining.

The tyre spec's are the same as the CSL, so bit lower profile and wider, 235 front 265 rear. They do feel a but firmer due to the loss in flex of the side wall. If you were driving it daily maybe the 18" would be a better option.

Today I did a track day at Blyton Park. Car went great, Pilot 4s had loads of grip. Balance of the car on track is really sweet, you feel the 50 50 weight distribution feels well balanced. The steering is not as aggressive / direct as the EVO but it very good. Brakes are ok but after a few hot laps they did seem to fade a bit. If I was going to turn it into a fully fledged track machine I think you'd have to go big brake. I did switch the DCT off on a later run which instantly lighted the rears up so off it went again. Seems to do its job well and not as disruptive as other traction control systems I have driven. Standard suspension is a bit wallowy in comparison to the coilovers of the EVO or S3. The up side is getting to and from a track (and the ring) its a lovely refined place to be. SMG box, works well on track. I think the down shift is dimpled on the under side to let you know when spinning the wheel which paddle is which. I think thats the case, or may be prior owned got some chewing gum on it.

Good day, set me up for the ring. I don't think this is going to be my long term track motor, but will be spot on for the Ring.