View Single Post
Old 18-01-2018, 04:49 PM
Bronze Member

So after taking her for a good spin the other day I started to notice a really loud 'Whooshing' sound every time I accelerated and the turbo spooled up, on investigation I noticed the Carbon 'custom' back box had kind of exploded!

Needless to say I needed a replacement sharpish! After a chat with my friend from work (He also drives a Scooby!) he recommended me to check out Scoobyworld and get an Afterburner. So I had a look and decided on an Afterburner Raptor;

It came pretty much the next day and I couldn't wait to set about fitting it!

Removing the old back box wasn't as easy as I'd hoped! I put the car up onto my ramps and crawled underneath. One of the bolts came off no problem! The other was so badly corroded, what used to be a 14mm bolt head, was more like and 11-11.5mm haha.

I was having a nightmare trying to get my sockets and spanners to fit, I even tried to tighten it up to shear the bolt, I even tried a cold chisel and hammer but nothing was shifting it. So I decided to do the one thing I hated doing as it went against all my years of training as an engineer... hammer the **** out of a 10mm socket to fit the head!

It worked and I was able to quickly fit the new back box. I started her up for the first time and what a sound! That classic Scooby burble with a really deep tone to her voice. I love it! Mixed with the whine from the turbo spool up, I love the sound it makes when driving the car! Now I can't wait to have the full system fitted.

A picture paints a thousand words;

Not too loud and just the right amount of noise to be noticed. Also, a very pretty looking 5" slash cut tip!

Last edited by IBenjieI; 19-01-2018 at 03:37 PM.