View Single Post
Old 29-04-2014, 08:03 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy-m View Post
i got BC coilovers on my classic wagon that were for the saloon. would recommend them. New they were about £650 if I remember correctly.

The thing to remember though is that if you lowerthe car, you need the roll center correction kit really. You can leave the dampers set quite stiff or use stiffer springs to hide the fact that your roll center has been raised, but if you lower the car at all, you raise the roll center and actually increase body roll.

explained here

that being said, mine is lowered and I don't have the roll centre correction kit installed, but it's on my "to do" list when funds allow
That, is confusing. I can understand it from the pictures but reading it has made my head hurt. Thanks though, good info to remember. I've never done a roll centre correction to any car that I've had lowered. After reading that, I'm hoping that if I go standard saloon suspension, it won't make too much difference the as you've done, get the correction sorted another day. The main objective here is to get through the mot.

Riiidaa, I'll drop the man a PM, many thanks for that!