View Single Post
Old 30-04-2014, 03:43 PM

Don't buy cheap.. or buy twice..

The best fast road route you could take would be eibach/prodrive springs with new KYB shocks/or bilsteins if the funds stretch.

Roll center correction becomes necessary when you drop the car low enough to make the hubs sit higher than the gearbox outputs of the shafts. (It most likely wont be needed with a set of prodrive/eibach springs the drop is aprox 15mm)

Anti lift kits actually induce more lift and dive.. (stupid I know) but they do give you bags more castor so better turn in / feel with scoobies you want as much castor as you can get., If you have coilovers you can cheat and rotate the top plates and use a set of camber bolts to offset.

A rear anti roll bar next to springs/shocks is the biggest single upgrade you can perform. 22mm or 24mm adjustable on the back some will say same on the front.. I run 22mm adjustable eibach on the rear at fully stiff and it works very well with the standard sti front. This promotes oversteer rather than understeer

My advise would be (if you can not afford good quality coilovers) Prodrive or Eibach springs, new kyb shocks.. a set of camber bolts and a good geometry setup.. This will transform the car.

Uprated drop links are a bonus but for track use I would not bother with the cheap figure of 8 ones. they are worth replacing if your current ones are worn.

Bare in mind that most suspension changes NEED a geometry setup afterwards to straighten everything/set it up best for your intended use.

Mapped and maintained by FBTuning 07595 493581.

Last edited by Ginola; 30-04-2014 at 03:47 PM.