Thread: Black Beauty
View Single Post
Old 13-07-2016, 07:52 PM

Another update and it's good news for those of you who were a little upset at staring at my awful boot lid, especially Si and Jo on the way back from Germany!

Whilst I was enjoying the sun in Portugal I had a message from Scotty to say he had found a boot lid in the right colour, somewhat of a holy grail as we have found over the last year. I had to have it and Scotty had already contacted the guy to say we wanted it and could we have some pictures.

Moments after he had posted on the forum Ryan (who knew I was away) had offered his services to help with getting it sorted for me, between him and Scotty they traded contact with the seller and kept me in the loop.

I was desperate to get it paid for and have it held for me to pick up once I got back to the UK but the guy only wanted cash on collection, I wasn't certain he would wait for me and in stepped Ryan to save the day.

He had organised with the seller that he could travel up on Saturday and collect and pay for it on my behalf, so in a non stop down pour (from what I was told whilst in the 30 degree sun) he travelled the 3 hours up to Grantham to meet with a guy in a shed to purchase my replacement lid and bring it back on the back seats of the Audi.

Between Scott and Ryan they have shown what this forum is all about, working together to help out fellow Scoob enthusiasts when and where they can. It's great to know how far people are willing to go in this group to support one another despite the huge distances as it was at the weekend between all of us involved.

Thanks to Scotty for keeping an eye out these last few months for an 18L Sti lid and being so quick to contact the seller.

Big big thanks of course to Ryan who worked hard contacting and organising the purchase, always keeping me in the loop and ultimately spending 7 hours of his Saturday travelling up to the guy to pick it up and bring it back South, a true gent and top lad, good work my man and again THANK YOU!

Spent most of today cleaning the replacement lid, swapping them over and re-fitting the spoiler, which is more of a pain in the arse job then I thought!

The before shot, not looking great...

Cleaning up the replacement

Spoiler removed from the original boot

Replacement boot in place

Spoiler back on

And a bit of beading too

So now the car will be looking more presentable for Beaulieu at the end of the month, a cracking day out and I can't wait.