View Single Post
Old 18-02-2019, 03:52 PM
Bronze Member

Default The wagon is dead, what next?

As some of you have seen, my blob wagon had an argument with a brick wall the other day, so is no longer on the road. I've been thinking about what to do next and would appreciate any suggestions!

Basically it needs to be able to cart the family around on long journeys, holidays etc, and satisfy my motorsport urges, so that I don't feel like I need to get a third car just for that, and I really don't think there is another car as capable as a sorted Impreza wagon.

I like the look of a Legacy wagon but don't see it as a suitable car for the sprints, hillclimbs and stuff that I love doing. Other smallish fastish estate cars with similar performance are much more expensive to own and maintain (BMW, Audi etc) and I've got all the good bits that have been upgraded on my wagon over the last ~5 years that could be swapped onto a standard car, if I get another blob. Slightly tempted to try to find a JDM bug STI wagon but they are very few and far between.

I'd find it hard to justify a budget over about £5K, since mine would probably have gone for less than that if I'd sold it last week. Need something to drive us to Cornwall at Easter. So, what do you guys reckon?