View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 04:40 PM
Bronze Member

As I mentioned before with the turbo still being located at the rear of the engine bay but now facing the opposite was a new air box was needed. I/m still going to use a B&M cone filter with cold feeds but just inside a box to try and limit heat soak into the filter.

Where the original front mount used to be there is a hole through, and also where I had located the electric PS pump (no longer using) there is also a hole that can be used. Once all that is in I will pull the front bumper off and make a duct from there also leading to the filter box. So with 3 entry points and the B&M its about the best I can do with it.

I thought I had some 4" ally pipe, turned out I didn't so I rolled a short piece just to mount the filter in side; this will protrude the rear of the box where the Titanium pipe will link the box to the compressor cover, so this is where it is so far....

Filter and the 4" ally tube

Then the mock to get the sizing and the Sheet metal tacked. There is a scallop around the filler cap so you can get it on and off without messing about so that still need to be cut and shaped...