View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 09:04 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanedg View Post
I just phoned the AA and asked them about the European cover they had given my car.

I asked what would happen if the car had broken down near the ring, and she said I wouldn't be covered due to a zone 1 issue.

So I've asked for a full refund and this has been forwarded to the complaints department, due to the AA not giving me all the information about Germany when I had taken out the policy.
Following with interest... did you have an annual policy with European breakdown, or just temporary cover whilst over there?

The sticky point is that the AA have the same policy terms as Shane found with the RAC:
Quote:
Any costs incurred where Your Vehicle is used in Rallying, off-road driving or in the Nurburgring or used in motor sports.
So i guess within a few mile exclusion zone of any race track in Europe? I guess the best retrospective option is to slip the Bongard driver 100 euros to take the car up the road to Cochem or somewhere, and say you're on a driving holiday around the Moselle valley... but that's assuming they haven't got you shafted on the social media front!