View Single Post
Old 01-11-2023, 06:24 PM
Gold Member

Default French Rallycross Championship R8 2023 – Dreux

Not sure if this section of the forum is getting looked at much now, but I’ll post this and hopefully someone will read it!

Managed to get out to France for the final round of their national rallycross series last month. It was a class weekend, with a good entry, some great racing and, predictably, lots of pictures. Here are some faves…

I can’t enough of the EKS-built Audi S1 and there were two late specification S1 entered for Dreux.

The final French Championship round also comprised part of the 5 Nations (British) Championship for the Supercar class. Five British drivers had made the trip to Dreux, with 2022 British Champion Patrick O’Donovan and current season point leader Jack Thorne posing the biggest challenge to the French regulars.

Davy Jeanney had wrapped up the 2023 French Supercar Championship at the last round, so the focus was purely on the event win.

Junior driver Alizee Pottier delivered one of my highlights of the weekend, rolling the car, then putting it in first and carrying on racing!

Thanks to a badly timed puncture Jeanney dropped down through the order during his semi-final race and Davy was knocked out.

In the final Belevisky got the jump of the line and led the race from start to finish, recording the fastest laps of the day on his way to victory. Seeing my favourite car in the field take the win was a great way to round things off!

As with last year I am hugely impressed by the French series and it was great to see a number of little improvements around the circuit from last year.

More (quite a lot more!) pictures here if anyone is interested.

Last edited by tbtstt; 01-11-2023 at 09:16 PM.