View Single Post
Old 25-01-2016, 04:21 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granby View Post
Think I read somewhere that's it's no longer a requirement to carry one in France, could be bs lol, if it is put me on the list pls
Quote:
Important documents:
Vehicles from the UK may be imported into France for up to 6 months in any period of 12 months. When driving in France the following documents should be carried:

Full, valid driving licence*
Proof of Insurance (third party or above)
Proof of ID (Passport)
Proof of ownership (V5C Certificate)
*International Driving Permits are recognised but not compulsory

While driving in France you are required by law to carry the following items. Hefty on-the-spot fines can be issued for failing to carry specific items:

Reflective jackets (must be kept inside the vehicle, within reach)
Warning triangle (compulsory in every vehicle with 4 wheels or more)
Headlamp beam deflectors (Depending on your car, you will either need deflector stickers or have to adjust the beam manually)
Breathalysers/alcohol test (As of January 2013 the French government announced that the introduction of an €11 fine has been postponed indefinitely)
Motorcyclists (Safety helmets are compulsory for drivers and passengers of mopeds and motorcycles. Helmets must have reflective elements as per paragraph 6.16 of ECE regulation 22-04.)

From searching around, you must carry one in France but there is no longer a fine for not doing so!! not sure how it works but for the sake of £2 i'm not going to be the one to find out

Last edited by thepieman; 25-01-2016 at 04:24 PM.