View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 09:45 AM
Bronze Member

Now whilst I was waiting for bits and pieces to turn up I had a few other bits to get on with. I had decided to get a new power steering pump and relocate the reservoir and water header tank. I made both into one, sort of, and have mounted them off to one side where the ABS used to be

And the bracket for the brake and clutch reservoirs

Now the fun bit. The turbo that I had 'lying around' was a Garrett GT4094 with .95 turbine housing. I bit big but with MD321 being out of action I couldn't go and spend another £1,000 on a new turbo charger so u used the GT40. Hence the bigger fuelling system. Should have pointed that out earlier. Anyway more pics.

Now I also had a pair of F38 Tail wastegates from my RX7 which would be ideal for the GT40 twin scroll as you can see pictures. Turned out with the turbo location I wanted and that the pair where a very very tight fit so eventually I bit the bullet and bought a single MV-R gate to do the job.

MD321 and GT4094

Equal length header in the making!

Tacked up at home on the bench on the destroyed engine

Buzzed up primaries

twin scroll up pipe

Almost finished article!

At this point I was still trying to get the twin gates in but but later, as I said, I went with the single MV-R which I plumbed back into the down pipe.