View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 12:07 AM
Bronze Member

Few more bits done since the last update.

Tyres needed replacing. This was a hard one actually. In the end I settled for the NS-2R's. 225/40/18. Given the reviews in both the dry and the wet, on and off the road for the money they worth a shot. People have said how they are better than the R888 in terms of longevity, grip and wet grip (most importantly on UK roads). That have been compared to the AD08 Yoko on a number of occasions and not come up too bad.

I also think the fatter wall gives the car a more purposeful stance too.

Next up was the pedal box. This is now in fully but I only have this pic. I do still need to make the heel plate to go over the cylinders.

Where the mods have been made for the V mount intercooler I have welded in a larger brace bar at the bottom. This also gives more room for the fans on the rad.

With the bumper back on

Few interior bits on the go. I wanted to change the wheel and boss for OMP items. I love a nice quick release but given they are race parts they take a bit of getting in the car without have the steering wheel hitting you in the chest. With the pedals where they are the new further back seating position required a dish wheel. I opted for a bolted quick release over the welded type I have used before as they work better with the steering coloum controls. I'm in the process if making the boss to fit the spline on the coloum but a small spacer was also need to get the horn button in the wheel as the wheel sits flush on the racing boss.

the spacer

Will finish the other bit on the morning and the wheel mounted up.

I also wanted to put kill switches on the pumps, fans and ignition. I couldn't resist a push start either. I've ditched the double din stereo and utilized the lower space for the switch panel

So close to starting her up now. Next couple of days hopefully.