Thread: ISA
View Single Post
Old 28-03-2019, 09:16 AM

our Peugeot 3008 has all the makings to do this, as has the speed limit come up on the dash from both gps location and mapping and also a road sign recognition camera, most of the time it detects the correct speed, but sometimes misses a sign post.

I think the whole idea is a complete waste of time, and I think some people will just drive foot to floor letting the system dictate the speed and thus cause an accident.

If you start taking the thinking away from the driver, it will become more dangerous as their mind focuses on non driving related thoughts. Involvement in driving can keep a driver alert.

People say they will get round this and get the system coded out, but all the government has to do is either spot checks or test it on the MOT and you're pretty well screwed. The insurance companies will love this system as they can data log etc, so if yo have an accident and the system is bypassed, kiss good buy to any insurance cover you thought you had.

I feel like going to live in some 3rd world country these days, as along with the Brexit screw up, I don't really think the future has a lot going for it, to me the whole interest in cars is dying. Cars are either boring or just mega expensive these days.
2003 Blobeye WRX SL Wagon