Thread: Car Meet Advice
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 12:12 PM

Coming from other clubs I was well established in, with other cars, I felt like a bit of an outsider, no one really chatted to me, i parked my scruffy wagon in the corner and found it hard to chat as i knew very little about Scoobies. Ginola and Steve_PPP spoke to me, probably wondered who the hell i was, probably wished i would go away lol.

Girlfriend talked to Ginola's other half (Handbrake) all afternoon, atleast they got on fine. I came away with mixed feelings.

Went to Rolling Road day and a few other meets and once my face was recognised i started to feel part of the group. In 6 months I've gone from nothing to modding my car a fair bit and going to Nurburgring just recently, having a fantastic time, they even put up with my teenager tired moodswings i get.

Everyone has helped me out, Ginola with a cup of Tea when going pass his house when the snow was bad. Steve_PPP with the almost every weekend "have you got one of these kicking around in your garage spare". Silversurfer for parts, advice and more. Big "E" for talking me into the 'cheap' Nurburg trip and anyone else I have missed. CJ for Central heating help and car advice, even turning up in moment of need for 5 mins to fix something i was just not able to do at the time.

Everyone in the club are really great, and if at first you don't feel welcome and fit in, try again, i'm sure this won't happen as my person to person skills are really crap at the weekend after having to be on form all week.

I was actually going to sell my Scoob when I got back from the Ring, but the girlfriend and I have decided we have liked the social side so much that the car is staying long term, possibly even pushing out my other beloved car, which I said I would never sell!
2003 Blobeye WRX SL Wagon