View Single Post
Old 18-09-2018, 10:48 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil1981 View Post
Is it a really good car ?
Been thinking g if changing my golf gtd for a 330d m sport.
Does anybody I ow what servicing prices etc are like and if anything to look out for when buying.
Sorry hijacking your thread here
Not a problem So far, its feeling like a very good car. I tend to be driving it slower than my old Mondeo ST TDCi which seems a bit daft, but the beemer likes to cruise effortlessly. And I guess all the eco-bull**** in modern cars is making me paranoid about how much fuel i'm wasting when flooring it!

Look at the spec of what you're buying carefully, a lot of msport cars didn't come fully loaded - lots are missing things like satnav, heated seats etc (I have neither...). If you can get hold of the VIN before buying, chuck it into https://www.bmwvin.com/ and it'll give you a complete breakdown of all the options on the vehicle. I did it a week after owning the car and still learnt new stuff I hadn't found

Some had the standard M Sport suspension, some have the electric adaptive suspension. Some have the big blue M brake kit, some don't. Expect a discs/pads change to be rather expensive if you get one with it! All were fitted with runflats but see what is on the car now - mine is half/half as a lot of people hate them (me included). When the front tyres are worn out, then i'll replace them with normal tyres too.

Not too clued up on servicing costs as I haven't needed one... and I must admit I'm not too clued up on what goes wrong on these either. I knew about the timing chain tensioner on the N47 diesel engine (which mine has) but it mainly affects the pre-2013 cars. If you're looking at a 330d then you won't have to worry about that with 6 cylinders though