View Single Post
Old 19-10-2021, 07:28 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
Will be a new experience for me next year so if anyone has recommendations on which event to attend,best place to view and where to stay it would be much appreciated.
Within the UK Rallyday and Race Retro (and to a lesser extent Goodwood Festival of Speed) are broadly similar in that they feature a large gathering of rally cars old and new...

...however, as cool as these events are, they aren't really "proper" rallies as the cars only run round a circuit (Rallyday) or on a single stage (Race Retro & Goodwood: FoS). Much more accessible as a spectator, but without the variety (and challenge for the drivers) of multiple stages.

In terms of "proper" stage rally the British Rally Championship just announced their 2022 calendar (click here) but of course the entry for this will be predominantly modern cars, which might not be what you are interested in.

The best large scale retro and/or mixed rally events are found in Europe. Eifel Rally (Germany) and RallyLegend (San Marino) are the two best I would say. The World Rally Championship also has multiple rounds in Europe next year with one round TBC (unlikely to be the UK though).

Steve PPP will likely have some input on this, as he has done more UK events than me!