View Single Post
Old 10-01-2021, 12:17 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post
Take your time Steve, not as if there's any rush to get it finished so you can continue to do do things properly. Mine came out of the garage earlier so I could work on the Passat and then went back in again, considering SORNing it seems pointless paying the road tax at the moment.
Thanks Shane. I didn't SORN mine either, thinking it would only be off the road for a couple of months. And then the thought didn't cross my mind again. It'll have been 5 months in a week or so.... I'll go and do it now, will probably still save me the best part of £100 at roughly 30 quid a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecB View Post
Just a point on the front support - Having seen the state of mine on the Legacy Hallie made a good point that you should paint the bolt on radiator support brackets as well as the welded in piece as they rust and transfer it to the cross member - don't leave them as bare metal as that where the rot starts.
Thanks for the heads up. I was considering it but got into the swing of putting things back together too much! But its probably good advice so i'll do it, I've got plenty of paint/lacquer left over!