Thread: Operation Bug
View Single Post
Old 25-06-2012, 08:12 PM
Silver Member

Default Operation Bug

Having owned the car for over a year now it's time I made my own mark on the car!

2 owners before me had gotten the car to where it was the day I picked it up, 387Bhp and 391ftlb which was a lot of fun!

I did a lot of research in to which direction I wanted to go with the car, not being able to find any decent EJ22 blocks at the right time I had originally planned to get the existing EJ25 Block closed and go from there... However, someone knew of an EJ22 block for sale which turned out to be less than 2 miles from me..... cheers for the heads up Anger

Had a day off work so borrowed an engine hoist from a friend which unbelievably I managed to fit in my smart car!

After consulting with google I found a couple of guides and managed to pull the engine out from start to finish in approx 4-5 hours which wasn't bad for my first time!

Point to note:-

Make sure everything is disconnected that needs to be ESPECIALLY the clutch fork pin - I went and made a tea and came back and had forgotten to do this which resulted me pulling the engine AND the car backwards and forwards for a while!

Admittedly I know dick all about the internals of engines so I will not be doing any engine work, I will however be doing everything else to the car myself or with a bit of help from people who have the know-how!

Engine is now out and have started to take the heads off. Once this is done the block halves and heads will be sent for some work whilst i sort out new internals then get someone to build the engine for me.

Whilst this is done I will crack on with the bits I can do myself to the car, engine bay will be cleaned up and a few things will be replaced and/or relocated to elsewhere in the car - I will ultimately be going for a de cluttered look in the engine bay.

I am in discussion with a chap who will be custom building a couple of bits for the car which i will post up once they are confirmed and on there way

Still haven't decided on which turbo to go for yet either.

This build is going to take a while due to work commitments etc but I will post up as it takes place!