Thread: My new STI8
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 10:35 PM
It Tick's All His Boxes.....or Scratches Another Itch.

Default Re: My new STI8

lol If the missus didn't just get the zafira GSI back I would have been more than happy to keep the STI, but now its not the family main car, It changed the dynamics of what I need. So basically my car can be anything, and something that makes be feel a little special when driving (Perhaps a little early mid life crisis thing going on with me at the moment)

Love scoobs and always will as they do everything they say on the tin and superb value for money. Its Just that I've been there done that and definately worn the 'T'... several times, and even with the VF35 I am starting to find the turbo thing a little tiring these days. Turbo cars even with quick spooling turbo's are very much all or nothing driving.

As with the future next car. Just went out tonight and picked up myself a v.tidy little 306 GTI-6 lowered as a stop gap. Loved the little XSI I had, and this has another 40 horses, 6 speed gearbox, better suspension. Basically no turbo lag, handles like a scoob with better feedback than a scoob, small agile and loves to rev. Great cars and intend for this to double up as a track car as well as a daily hack. 167 horses in a small light car that handles like its on rails = fun and a car you can drive on the limits without doing breakkneck speeds.

But In March - I want and will likely get a E46 M3 cab with all the toys. Either that a TVR Tamora with a good warranty but who knows. Could even be tempted to keep the gti-6 and get a westfield, elise/exige