Old 09-04-2009, 08:56 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Default Re: Fmic fitted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. J.
So bar a 3" exhaust the same as mine ?
If so i got 360hp when i had a 2.5" and 18g !
Have you thought about a different mapper or getting scott to do it on the rollers , as you have a sti lump there is no reason you should not be more than mine at about 410 bhp
Plus dont you have AVCS ?
As far as im aware the 20g is only good for 380 390 max. Yes its got AVCS. Im still a little confused as i ran my car side by side with another STI. We did the norm 321 go through the last three gears and i pulled a car lenth on him each gear change. The R&R report on his car is 350bhp from Surry ? Remembering mine made 320bhp on the same rollers ! I really dont get it. Never mind when the 2.5 is in i will be more than happy with 380bhp ish @ 400ftlb the spool up should be quick and further down the rev range.
FORGET THOSE BLOODY FIGURES...
The boost dropped on the rollers to just over 1bar (so did Worzel's 'different mapper', infact worzels flatlines at high rpm) at the top end of the rev range hence why the power was so low.
It holds 1.4bar on the road, which is why a lardy newage 2-up can keep with a lightwight classic with 335BHP. That extra 100KG plus BIG-E (at least another 100KG) has gotta be good for 40HP up on the Classics 335BHP.

A TSL is mapped to 1.2bar at the top of the rev range, if it manages to hold that on the rollers it is likley to be around the right ball park.

On yours the boost duty cycle just needs increasing so it will hold more boost on the rollers. This won't give you any more power out on the road because it already holds 1.4bar on the road (it maybe a touch more, but it will be boadering on boost-creep if duty is set too high).