Thread: Photo tips
View Single Post
Old 15-05-2011, 11:36 AM
Silver Member

Default Photo tips

I went to a party last night and got speaking to someone how takes photos for a living (Magazines and art gallerys) and she told us a few tips on how to get a better picture.
One was when you take a close up portrait photo,get the people to close their eyes,count to 3 ,they open their eyes and you take the picture.This gives you a natrual ,relaxed look and makes the eyes come alive.

She also said if you are taking a picture of say a tree with a light blue background ,the tree will come out too dark.So point the camera at something a little darker,hold the button down,allow it to set itself up and then repoint it at the subect and then press the button down all the way and the picture will come out a much better colour.

She did tell us loads more but the drinks were flowing and it was all going abit over my head.

Hope this makes some sense and I am not teaching to suck eggs.Try them they do seem to work.

Jason