Thread: Brake options
View Single Post
Old 27-03-2018, 06:25 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
The godspeed kit used to be a viable option a long time ago but doesn't really compare these days. £550 is a lot of cash when you have to reuse your existing calipers (potentially with tired seals/sticky pistons) and then you still have to split the caliper in half to fit the spacer. Not for me...
I burned my brakes out at Brands yesterday and now I've got major brake fade. Can't really live with it too long because it's my daily drive.

Speaking to Neil at Slowboy he suggested if I wanted to upgrade slightly that he would order in Godspeed stuff for me. I can see that there are some negative opinions on Godspeed, but I wanted to check if they would suit my case? I don't really have the cash lying around to splash out, but if the difference is only like an extra 500 I would rather future-proof my brakes and upgrade my current set up.

In the future I plan to upgrade the cars performance (currently standard WRX), so that's why I figured it might be worthwhile looking at brakes, considering they definitely need doing...

Suggestions greatly appreciated. Hoping to get it done this week still...