View Single Post
Old 23-08-2014, 11:16 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginola View Post
So after our breakfast meet this arrived on Wednesday ..

(Please excuse the phone quality photos :S)

It came primed, So after a few coats of halfrawds mixed O2C blue and a couple of coats of lacquer a good flatten down and then cut with some compound the result was half decent and will do for now.. this was a lengthy process as it would not fit in the oven!! .. A hair dryer sufficed

And fitted... Colour match is pretty decent.. though hard to tell in these photos..

Took the car for a quick blast and the results where very encouraging, water temps stayed low and I noted a drop of about 3 to 4 degrees in intake temps which I was not expecting.. :O
I also noted a 4 to 5 degree increase of temps directly above the turbo (to be expected as no massive scoop ramming air over it) but perfectly acceptable.

This is function over form!! the scoop is not going anywhere! (The Handbrake will make sure of that!) but for trackdays were temps get high, I hope this will help pull a bit more air through the rad/FMIC.

I will report after the next track day if it helped! if not.. time to chop a WRC style hole in the front of the bonnet!
Now that looks pretty smart totally transforms the car and looks like a different bonnet as well Dave I think I should send some parts to you to get sprayed . Keep up the good work Dave .

1998 UK Turbo , 1998 Terzo , 1997 JDM Type R the money pit , 2004 black WRX STI Type UK , 2004 blue FSTI