View Single Post
Old 29-01-2009, 09:30 PM
Silver Member

Default Maf and lambda change

When i got my classic it had all the symptoms of the maf being on it's way out so changed it the problem with the hesitation stayed.After the 2 long run's i have done this got worse to the point this morning that on warm up it just did not want to go pulled over and let it get to temp and all seamed fine then the hesitation came back from approx 2.5k-3.2k making the car fell like someone was dabbing the brake on and off.So bit the bullet and got a new lambda and wow what a difference feels like a new car from the one i brought.All the hesitation has gone and now pulls like and train.Also the exhaust tone has changed i was not the only one to notice this which seams funny from just changing the lambda.The Subaru one was different on the probe end to the one that came out but both made by Bosch.Here's the one that came out
[img]http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6404/lambdast22oy5.jpg[/img]
The Subaru one has a solid looking probe with a shield round it with holes in (Sorry forgot to take a pic)
Can the lambda failing make that much of a difference as i am even more shocked by how it goes now