View Single Post
Old 09-03-2021, 09:42 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Getting there slowly! Really limited on the amount of time I can spend in the garage but little bits of progress are being made.

Decided to take the morette headlights apart before refitting them, give them a good clean up and checkover. All good though and refitted.

I'd had a rusty patch on the front slam panel near the bonnet latch (you can see it in the photo above). Ground it back to fresh metal and treated it, then cleaned, filler, primer, paint etc and its looking much better now.

Anyway, main news... engine went in a few weeks ago!

Since then, its been a case of connecting things back up, trying to remember where things go, buying more shiny bits etc. I'm keeping the A/C despite the weight, but the old condenser was grim so it went in the bin.

Other stuff...
- Replaced coolant hoses to the heater matrix, they looked pretty tired.
- New Group N pitch stop mount.
- Reconnected up power steering system
- Replaced fuel filter and cut/replaced new fuel lines from the metal hard lines to engine. They were probably fine but one of the old sections looked a bit perished so safest to do the lot.
- Installed nearly new washer bottle.
- New aux belts installed, AC belt is hanging free until compressor is reinstalled.
- Radiator installed.

And that's where I am today. Still a long list of small jobs to tackle, but i'm in no rush. And this turned up today Shiny new rebuilt TD04L-19T hybrid. Should make 320-330bhp (I hope) with nice low down spool. Need to transfer the pipes over from my current TD04 but looking forward to getting that in.

Hopefully in a couple of weeks it'll be ready to start. I know that sounds ages, but i'm only getting a couple of hours a week out in the garage. Getting impatient