View Single Post
Old 18-01-2018, 05:32 PM
Bronze Member

Default Project Family Wagon

Sooo, I always like this part of owning a new car, deciding what mods to buy for it!

Last weekend myself and my wife decided we needed something bigger as we now have an 8 month old, I was currently driving a JDM 1996 Honda Integra DC2 Type R. I love the car loads but unfortunately it was time to move on.
The Wife's criteria was something bigger so we were able to use as a family car, my criteria was something faster as I've never owned a turbo'd car!

After a little searching I stumbled across a 2006 Impreza WRX Wagon for sale on the local selling pages, after studying the pictures I decided to go and see the car for myself. Needless to say after the first test drive I was hooked!

Bodywork is acceptable for its age, a minor scuff on the rear bumper and scratches all over the passenger door from a dog, but nothing major. No rust that I could see apart from a teeny weeny bit in the door shut on the nearside rear.

Once I'd driven the car and had a good look round, I decided to make an offer. So here she is;

The car came with a custom made exhaust, with some sort of cheap carbon fibre can. It was okay. The previous owner had also had her up on Surrey Rolling Road, with a printout for a healthy 261.7 WHP.

This car seems to have reboosted my love for the modified car scene, I have been away from it for a while! In any case, my ideas for the near future:

(No Particular Order)

Interior

The Usual Gauges - Oil Temp, Pressure and Boost.
Short Shifter
OEM WRX Gear Knob
New Carpets And Mats
Redress The Tired Leather Interior

Exterior

17" Rota Grid Alloy Wheels, Green or Black
Coilovers, Lowered 20mm Over Standard.
Drilled And Grooved Brake Discs
Carbon Front Lip
Carbon Side Skirts
Carbon Wing Mirrors
Debadged Rear Tailgate
Tinted Rear Windows

Engine

Afterburner Raptor Stainless Back Box
Full Afterburner Stainless Exhaust With Sports Cat (Downpipe to Back Box)
Forge Dump Valve
Various Engine Dress Up Items
Carbon Radiator Cooling Plate
Blue Silicone Hoses

This list is non-exhaustive, as I will probably find more ideas/change my mind on a few bits!

Last edited by IBenjieI; 19-01-2018 at 05:28 PM.