View Single Post
Old 27-09-2020, 12:48 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leight View Post
Started my one today and I never done anything like it before but as you said its good to learn and get to know your car.
For sure. And if you've got the time and aren't rushed, why not. Saves paying someone else to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby doo View Post
Good right up, and looks like your deep in it now, if you want advise on doing the repair panel let me know, ive replaced it properly using the oem lower panel.
Most uk newages will have gone or starting to go there, its a water trap, all the spray when driving in any wet weather goes in there and the grit etc rubs against the loom causing it just to rot out. The good thing is you can replace it like for like, its no way a structural point its simply there to hold the rads.
Good shout with the modine seal not something id seen before so very well noted.

EDITED: That camblet tho! You have been lucky ducky on that one...
Thanks mate. I got the front bumper off today and there's a few little rust spots but generally the rest of the front end/crash structure looks OK. Bit of rust treatment on a couple of areas and then a coat of stonechip or paint and will be fine. I'll definitely be getting the OEM repair panel and fixing it properly, but I've never welded before so not going to try myself - rather pay someone who knows what they're doing!