View Single Post
Old 31-08-2018, 08:36 AM

Default Brands Hatch 30.08.18

Rob and I spent the day at Brands yesterday on an Open Pitlane Track day.

Lots of cars on track from Porsche’s, caterham’s, Mazda mx5’s, Clio 182’s, BMW’s (including a 140i), racing team Civics, and everything in between!

Beautiful day, superb weather, and the track was in superb condition as you would expect.

A few pics I took on my phone below, in car vids of some of my sessions to follow, and I’m sure Rob will update what he has when he has gone through them.

Must say Rob really knows how to handle his car, and push it and the tyres to the limit. Amazing speed when i was passenger for a few laps.
Also - amazing job with your oil cooler and power steering cooler setup mate!! They work great!

Overall I was pleased with how my car ran, gearbox was spot on following its rebuild, and managed to keep her in the boost for most of the laps.
My oil cooler did an ok job, max temp reached during the day was 106 degrees, so not normal driving cool, but for a little cooler, it certainly did something vs the 122 degrees I registered round lydden without one.

Passed the noise test quite easily, so nice to know the track system I bought from Kevin at Zero Exhausts worked well. At Lydden my static noise was 106 with my Cobra setup, compared to 95 at Brands.

Few snaps of Rob’s Scoob looking beastly!!

There was also a rare sight - it’s wasn’t the Stig, but it was the Stig’s Uckfieldian cousin!

As I say, in car vids to follow later!

Ryan

Maintained and Modified by Super Jules
&
RM Performance http://www.rmperformance.co.uk