View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 10:11 PM

Default Detailed with Meguiars DA Microfiber Correction system

So I finally found some time (and weather) to give the car paintwork a much needed refresh and a chance to try out the Christmas pressie on it too, namely a Das6 Pro+ with the Meguiars DA specific compound and wax finishing + microfibre pads.

Started this on Saturday, but weather and time ran away with me so needed to finish today.

(please excuse telephone photos!)

Day1

First step was to Wash, Snow foam followed by (2 bucket for body 1 for wheels) . I wont bore you with snow foam pics you have seen them all before!

Next was deep clean, so Tardis on all lower panels doors/boot lid spray on then agitated gently with a microfibre mit. followed by Iron X, left to bleed but didn't really find very many purple streaks! in all honesty there is not a lot left after the Tardis.

I then popped the bonnet covered the air filter and liberally doused the engine bay in Autoglym Machine Cleaner, left to soak for a minute or so then agitated everywhere with a small brush, then rinse & dry with a microfibre where you can. Once dry I applied a small amount of rubber/vinyl care to the pipework and plastics, It looks clean again!.

Back to washing again this time with a Clay mit to remove any remaining contaminants, I think I need a new one as there was more surface marring from this than normal, still its a lot quicker than using a regular clay, though I think for the future I will bight the bullet, buy some nice soft clay for the soft Subaru paint and add an extra hour or two back into my detailing regime.

Once all of the above is finished, rinse down and pat dry with large microfibre towel.

I managed to get all the tape applied and make a first pass at compounding the bonnet before the weather took a turn and it started to spit with rain!! GRRR! so I shoved the car in its bed and called it a night (tape un all!)

Day2

Gave the car a very gentle dust off and then continued with the compounding. This D300 stuff is quite aggressive and still finishes very well, so not a lot of passes are needed to remove even quite deep swirling and marks. Unfortunately its an apply in the shade only product. so this meant working on one side of the car, including polishing with the final polish/wax product D301 turn it round and work on the other, until such time as there was enough shade to get to work on the bonnet,

I very nearly went out and purchased a Gazebo, but decided it would waste too much time going to the shops to get it!

I even found time to mop the headlights with compound and polish them up, which worked very well, a testiment to how good these compounds are is after this shot was taken (the below photo is 1 pass with the compound) I removed the tape mopped over the rubber and bonnet line, the residue left simply wiped away with ease.

Once all the polishing was finished.. the tape removed and the windows cleaned.. well I am very happy with the results, its super slippery all over and the finish is great.

Thank you Handbrake for "buffing my splitter" and this pic

Mapped and maintained by FBTuning 07595 493581.

Last edited by Ginola; 01-05-2016 at 10:17 PM.