View Single Post
Old 03-05-2016, 09:02 AM
Bronze Member

thought id mention - i recently bought a new astra in metallic black as a daily - never had a black car before and looked forward to the challenge of keeping it looking slick but found water spots after rinsing where a real issue - i think we have really chalky water where we are so was looking at water filters @ circa £400 just to get a clear rinse -its a daily so i wanted a wash and polish routine that was quick and easy for routine cleaning in between major detailing sessions when you have more time etc - i noticed Dave mentioned patting it down with a microfiber cloth which is what i used to do then detail spray

anyway i tried an autoglym "water blade " and once id made sure it wasnt marking or scratching the car they are very good at removing rinse water so ill be using that regularly for days when im just washing and polishing

it was about £18 in halfords , they had cheaper ones there but as it was going near paintwork i thought it better to stay with a known branded one then chance some halfords tech or quality control piece of rubber

and yes Dave car looks excellent ! 10/10 for the effort that went into that

2005 wrx300 2.0 with ppp - SOLD june 2015

daily driver - new astra 136 elite nav - GONE THANK GOD

DAILY DRIVER 2019 - BMW 220d xdrive active sport

fun - v6 shogun swb - FOR SALE @ April 2019 - £2000

Last edited by oldskool; 03-05-2016 at 09:05 AM.