Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 21-03-2020, 11:35 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

My office is now closed so WFH for the foreseeable future. Strange times. Picked up Ellie from school yesterday afternoon and no idea how long she'll be at home. She kinda understands what's going on as they've talked about it at school, but being only 6, i'm sure she doesn't fully get it. Feel sorry for those taking GCSEs/A levels/university exams. Not sure what will happen there.

On the food front, I'm fortunate enough to have not needed to step inside a supermarket in the last month. The weekly tesco home delivery that Claire sorts online and its still pretty much working like clockwork - presumably because the items are picked from the warehouse before the stock is cleared by locusts on the shop floor. Today's was pretty much normal, the only item missing was bog roll (and salad cream was sold out, wtf ). I understand there's a problem getting delivery slots due to demand, but we've got our one slot a week booked for the next month.

Again, its the elderly who are most at risk - most couldn't figure out internet shopping if they wanted to and therefore have to face the panic buying masses in store....