Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 21-03-2020, 03:02 PM
Platinum Member

Not sure where your deliveries come from Steve but Tescos have a big place on Manor Royal that only deals with online orders so the public don't get access. Unfortunately all ours come from the local stores.
We're currently ok for everything other than cornflakes, can't get them anywhere.
I'm working from home as well although the site is open for the manufacturing and test teams. If we do have to go in each team has been split in two so only half the team can be in the office at any one time, we're not allowed to move between buildings either. Must have looked like the building was being looted last week, people walking out with monitors and desktops and putting them in their cars. I've had my first PC based conference call with screen sharing and it worked fine, we have the option to do it with video as well but we've been asked to restrict that as much as possible due to the load on the network. When this does get back to normal I can see a real crackdown on inter site travel.
Biggest problem for us is our daughters job, she's on her last rescue flight to Paphos today with no guarantee of any more after that. Yesterday's announcement that the government will cover some of the wages of those that can't work was a relief as she was looking at 2 to 3 months unpaid.