View Single Post
Old 23-08-2011, 10:00 PM
Regular User

The engine was the original Cosworth engine that came as the complete T25 package.
I am sur eyou have seen and read much about the T25s over the years. I had issues with boosting, so while Iain was taking it for a test run and at low revs. The engine made some noises and siezed.
On strip down a valve had let go ,head damage, pistion holed.
Once stripped the blocks bores were oval , and a linner was splitting.
So with Iains contacts , he used a local enginge rebuilder [ who I do not know] Who has fitted massive linners , making it it look like CDB.
Reused forged crank and rods, Mahel pistons, Cosworth uprated pump. etc.
14m/m head bolts.
Iain would like to have the car returned so they can strip the engine to see who things are settling in. I belive this is a trial engine for his next T25? So the engine strip down is going to be free. and any issues sorted at the same cost.

Whilst out I will have a new clutch/ flywheel/ billet turbo wheel/ and anything else that may need sorting.
Thanks for the thoughts of RCM, I would not expect them to rebuild an engine that they have not rebuilt and that should be the same for most other companies.
If I had the money and thought I would keep the car I would certainly think of poping over to them .