View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 08:19 PM
Regular User

Default grinding/binding noise when turning

hi all i have a sti 2003 i have only had it 3 months brought from a garage,the problem i have is when iam driving and steer to the right i hear what i think is grinding or binding sounds like something is rubbing ie metal to metal.i have taken it back to garage as i have warranty still,they put 4 new tyres on as they were wrong size new brake pads but still got noise.further looking into it they now say its something with suspension.the previous owner had spent £1850 on stage 3 handling kit from powerstation back in 2009 which includes white line 22m front and rear arm,white line anti lift castor kit,ast coilover kit,white line alloy rear arm link.i have spoken to powerstation they say there kit should not make that sound when turning it has also had suspension service back it 2010 same company it was fitted with 40k on clock now has 60k. The garage/dealer are now saying they wiil have to put standard suspension on to get rid off noise,which i dont want. has any one had this before iam in need of help advice as iam not a mechanic