View Single Post
Old 15-10-2015, 09:11 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banstead Stig View Post
It is a very overly complicated system.

When the changes came in I got a letter, which informed me that I was entitled to keep claiming. However, I would have to pay it all back in tax as I earn too much.

What a ****ing waste of time?! So there is the admin of me claiming, then the admin of me repaying it. Complete joke. Why not just write and tell me I'm not entitled to it... which is the truth of the matter.

I don't care that I'm not entitled to it really, although it does wind me up that it's solely on my income, not our household.
The SA now calculates I owe them just over £1000 !!!!
I did think about opting out when it was introduced, but then thought sod it why turn down free money.

I wish they just had a cut-off rather then 10% reduction per £1000 earned over the threshold.

I'm now not sure whether to get them to adjust my PAYE for 2015-2016 to reclaim it or whether to just pay it.
The last time they adjusted my PAYE when I was running Polar Performance they forgot to change it back after I ceased trading and took another 12 months worth (which I got back with a cheque this year). So in reality they have given with one hand and snatched back with another.