View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 06:13 PM
Bronze Member

Default paint correction from bhp show

well as the first show of the season was today i thought it only right i pulled my finger out an deswirled an cleaned up the scooby so 6.30am i was up an loading the car up to take to my mates warehouse.

some pre clean shots:

so first was getting the wheels off an cleaning them with a weak mixture of bilbery as they have had a coat of ag ,hd an a coat of pb wheel sealant before they were fitted 2 weeks ago plus cleaning up the arches an brakes with surfex hd:

then it was onto the foaming, which bh autofoam was used left to dwell for a while then pressure rinsed off.

then washed with the 2bm using dodo juice btbm shampoo, then rinsed off an into the warehouse ready for claying using bh soft clay:

this was the clay after almost all the car was done.

then back out for 2bm wash an rinse again,an back in doors for drying ready for inspection,drying was carried out with some help from dodo's time to dry an a couple of sonus towels.
some pics of defects:

before:

after:

after several hours polishing i then added a coat of poorboys black hole as this always seems to look nice when applied to dark cars in my eyes then onto the wax which on this occassion was swissvax best of show so here is some after pics :thumb:

polished with menzerna 85rd on a megs finishing pad an cleaned with menz final inspection
tyres dressed with megs hot shine an trim an arches dressed with cg trim restorer
no pics of windows cleaned as all this took me till 1am an i had to leave at 4am so windows polished with ag window polish an then fast glass in shell garage awaiting for everyone else to arrive

Last edited by dazzlers82; 07-09-2009 at 12:06 AM.