View Single Post
Old 16-03-2012, 06:38 AM
Platinum Member

Thanks all, very pleased and just want the weekend to come so i can get on with the others. Just waiting at the window like a little kid for the delivery man who's got me nutsso i can get it back on the car!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangowayne View Post
looking good m8, takes ages from start to finish,must be happy with them,the old saying goes the prep is only as good as your paint! nice job bubby,did you spray them in your house? is so thats so rock and roll. lol
I painted them on a workmate in the conservatory with a few bits covered up. couldn't really do it inside for obvious reasons although i would if i lived on me own \m/. And outside was a no no as there was crap and dust kicking up everywhere. prep took a while especially the rub down and key up, but as i always say, slowly slowly catch's the monkey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
Look great Rich, love the idea with the playing cards, may steal that one from ya !!!!

You may want to consider the laquer as it will give extra protection against chipping and make cleaning a whole lot easier, especially the rear.

Top Job............
The paint that i used does state that its anti chip and gives a durable finish. If i use a lacquer then it needs to be a satin one as that is how the finish has come out, but im worried now that if i spray over them it could go horribly wrong and go orange peely look.

If you do the card trick just make sure you over lap them slightly, So easy to clean up once the paint has dried and re-usable too. I suppose you could even pop them round the wheel whilst its still on the car for touch up's here and there! With no wind about obviously!!!

Pics to follow of them on the car at the weekend hopfully.