View Single Post
Old 27-07-2016, 10:36 PM

Really sad to read of this and thoughts are with the families involved of both the deceased and the marshals,
The flag system has needed looking at for years at the ring, but there is some speak of regulatory changes from adding F1 style safety lights (like you see at Spa and Silverstone etc) being the end of tourist days.. as why would a toll road need more than a regular road for warning light system? personally think there should be several of the existing yellows far closer to Kesselchen which has always been a very fast section, but even this will not stop folk from driving too fast, and not obeying the rules.
The following morning the mood at the ring was very a sombre one, ring taxi drivers and rent 4 ring employee's voicing there dismay, however it was still "business as usual" and 2 accidents driven passed in the first lap of the morning at 8.15, including a scoob at pif-paf , lights on and flashing at Metzgesfeld, but still passed by a 944 in a hurry through Kallenhard despite me flashing hazards and slowing down, I was really not impressed, 2 corners later marshals on the track and a crashed scoob, cone'd of through that section., and another with 2 cars a little further along, at the end of the lap the ring was closed again as it was several more times through the day.
I'm sure its been mentioned before but no driving standard is required or safety briefing has been given, how many people have actually read the rules for the ring? how often have you ploughed through those motorway :50: signs without a care as they are always left on for no reason....

Such a sad loss of life and damaging for the ring.

Mapped and maintained by FBTuning 07595 493581.

Last edited by Ginola; 27-07-2016 at 10:42 PM.