View Single Post
Old 15-09-2018, 08:48 PM

Ok so here we go with the in-car vids..

I apologise for the exceptional glare on the track - it was very bright and my cheapy Action Camera couldn't really handle it - but you hopefully get the idea.

Session 1 - Laura and I.. Started well, and managed to overtake quite a few cars...Unfortunately this session was cut a little short as both of us forgot Laura gets Car Sick, and she didn't take an anti-sickness tab before the session - not the best of ideas!!

Session 2 - Much quicker laps as my confidence grew and I started to let the tyres work and really push into the corners. Lydden is a tight little track and with 25 cars on track sometimes traffic was a bit hectic, but all in all, not a bad session for me. The huge Dust Clouds are not from Rob's Scoob before anyone worries - a Focus Dumped his guts on the last corner before the straight, and all the way along, so the marshalls just dumped kitty litter down and when we all drove through it, you couldn't see anything !! Thankfully it didn't last long!

Session 3 - Took Cassie out for a passenger lap... Love the start of this vid, she has no fear, and loves the whole track and racing scene!! Cracking Lass!
Some traffic in this vid, being held up - especially by some pr*ck in the RX-8!!
Excuse my language when the RX-8 decided to cut across my bows!
The was all over the place, cut three other scoobs up, making them slam on the brakes, and was fishtailing on all the straights, weaving left and right and never staying on the racing line, or the non-racing line! What topped it off for me was when we returned to the paddock, it turns out the instructor for Lydden was in with him !!! Absolute joke, and in some instances during the day, quite dangerous driving by the

Session 4 - My best session (although also the one that killed my tyres completely!)
After getting past the BMW, myself and Rob had a good number of laps, free track, just us leading the field. Really good fun, and boy can Rob drive that black Scoob! Real struggle to keep up - but I tried my best. Had a few laps in the lead myself, and really made use of the free air, catching some back markers, and doing my best to overtake safely where possible. Unfortunately this was the session where my Oil Temp peaked at 118 degrees, so I backed off and came in 3 laps early.

Had a really good day, and loved every minute of it. Shame I killed the tyres, but I knew they were on their last legs after Brands, and so hoping they would last the day was wishful thinking.

Cheers again to Rob, Cassie, Laura, and Nick for making the day that much more enjoyable!

Ryan

Maintained and Modified by Super Jules
&
RM Performance http://www.rmperformance.co.uk

Last edited by Rdlangy1; 15-09-2018 at 08:53 PM.