Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2020, 08:07 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

I can't remember how many weeks I've been working from home now.
We are quite lucky because despite being at home the IT and remote desktop working means we can crack on. In fact I seem busier at home than I am in the office.
I'm have to make concerted efforts to walk away from the screen for a drink or food, otherwise I sit from 0800 - 1800+.....I even went up to 2130 one evening (better than the telly I suppose)

We are also lucky because Jo doesn't work at present and the boys are old enough to look after themselves.

Sammy has had his GCSE's scrapped, so not sure how that's going to work out. At least he won't have the stress of the exam's but I guess it's not quite the same being handed your results based on opinion rather than effort. We wanted him out of that school ASAP anyway (it's just **** on so many levels, and I don't envy anyone just start out putting their kids through school......or is it prison ??), we just didn't think it would happen like this.

Olly works in a pub, so that's obviously been brought to a halt. Although being a 19 year old boy he does seem to be doing a good job of sleeping through the pandemic. He even got the Furlough payment through last week and managed to bank £400 for sleeping for a month.

Hopefully things will start to pick up soon, but some things are going to be restricted for many months to come. Just being able to get out for a walk, that isn't just round the block, sit in a pub garden or chill out at a Goodwood Trackday....that's all I want from the next phase.
I just hope people are not jumping the gun too soon, because traffic seems constant today, and this saddens me,

All the best everyone and fingers crossed we can all get together some time soon.