Thread: Wheels...
View Single Post
Old 21-06-2015, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdlangy1 View Post
OK so my wheels are due to be delivered tomorrow - and wondered what peeps think on tyres sizes etc

I think for 18's its normally 225 x 40 x R18 - but have been told 235 x 40 x R18 will also fit.

Besides price, are there any benefits of going 235mm? Im guessing having wider tyres will create more surface contact and thus if geo set up correctly give better grip?

Thinking of some Dunlop Sport Maxxx RT tyres, or Eagle F1's. I know Veredestein Sessanta (apologies if spelt wrong) are used by a lot of peeps, but the wet grip rating isn't as good as the eagles, or the Dunlop.

As always - all views most appreciated

Ryan
225/40/18's seem to drive nicer than the 235/40/18s or 245/40/18s if im honest they tram line less with an 8" rim the 235/40/18 might not have a perfectly straight tyre wall, also the profile will be slightly taller throwing the speedo out a little more. Yes the contact patch is slightly bigger but I think it makes very little difference maybe even detrimental in the wet.

I would go for Eagle F1's for the road/light track/wet use in 225/40/18 (the size will be a little cheaper too! )

If its more track than road and light road I would as said above go for some Nangkang NS2R's Soft (120 ware rate) tyres. They are an extremely good value for money trackday tyre in my opinion at less than half the price of an 888 in the same size.

Ps. I have tried the Eagle F1's at 225, 235, and 245, and the dunlops at 225

I have not driven on the Nangkangs but have spoken to a few heavy track day drivers that tell me they are the nuts.

Mapped and maintained by FBTuning 07595 493581.