View Single Post
Old 20-05-2013, 01:36 PM
Platinum Member

The whole experience of GRD was very poor and the chap just clearly couldn't be bothered but had to do my alignment as he had agreed a few days earlier.

First impressions were fine, nice set up and got the car In straight away, from then on it was just moan moan moan! F'in this and f'in that and it seemed like every thing was really hard work and a chore.

Constantly moaned at the fact that I had used camber bolts to get a bit of negative camber " do you see track prepped cars using camber bolts? No, so why use them for f**k sake. I hate rusty s**t " the attitude didnt make me feel very comfortable!!

Then Moaned that he couldn't get the readings on he's alignment machine that he wanted because some of my bushings where old at the back which sounded like it was my fault.

I had a set of D1 spec alloy wheel nuts which were done up with a rattle gun when the wheels went back on and pretty much all of them twisted and ruined, didn't think I would get them off tbh. Ill put some pics up if I've still got the evidence in the shed when I get home.

Even the camber bolts if I remember rightly were buzzed up with the rattle gun which is no good for the little adjusting tab on the bolt. Didn't see one torque wrench being used.

Anyway a few days later I checked the work as you do only to find camber bolts loose ( I undid one with a spanner and two fingers!!! ), a camber bolt washer tab not correctly inserted into the leg of the strut and many wheel nuts twisted.

I took all the camber bolts out and put the originals back in and had to buy new D1-spec nuts. Not impressed!!!!

I wished I'd taken C.J up on he's old school method and got him to look at it back then, but as you do you think , fancy laser equipment and I'll trust this guy it must better than it was and ill part with £120 and look forward to the drive home.

Oh and I wasn't allowed to take any pictures and put them on Facebook or a forum! Wtf? Hmmm I have a few theory's why.